Saturday 30 March 2013

The Magic and Wonder of the Mysterious Teenage Bedroom ~Reuploaded~

It seems to be a well known fact just about everywhere on the internet that every teenage bedroom is amazing - it's just one of those things. Tumblr is filled with photos of rooms decorated until they can't contain any more personality, and the main characters of just about every movie aimed at teenagers have rooms to match them, no matter how crazy, strange or plain they are. I guess this post is mainly for inspiration, because I just took the photos down from my wall ready to change my room's look ready for spring and summer! 


This looks like it's from a movie or something but it's just so beautifully cliché, from the pom-pom on the floor to the flags on the wall to the shelves full of nostalgia ahhhhh 

 
You had me at 'whatever' 

 
It's photos like this that make me desperately wish I had a dressing table so I could make it at least half as cute at this

 
This looks so warm and cosy awww 







 Those star curtains are toooooooooo cute 




Do I see All Time Low lyrics yes I do yes I dooooo 

 I think the things that all of these ~fabulous~ rooms have in common are pretty lighting, stuff on the walls and a cosy and/or calm atmosphere; now that I've figured that out, we can move onto the DIY-ish bit! 

 Pretty Lighting
 Lighting is essential in giving your room a certain atmosphere-a simple change in the colour or brightness of the lighting can make your room look completely different! 


 This toadstool light from Urban Outfitters is said to emit a 'soft and warm glow' 

 
These paper lanterns from pbteen come in a variety of colours, that would each give a different effect. 

MK 20m Length Of 120 Warm White Indoor And Outdoor Static Connectable LED String Lights Black Rubber Cable Mains Plug Not Included
 You can buy so many different kinds of fairy lights at fairylightuk it's unreal 

 Cool stuff on walls
 This part is more personal - you could put whateeever you want on your walls, or maybe even nothing at all! Some suggestions would be photos of you and your friends, photos you've taken, pictures of stuff you like or that inspires you to be creative, a map, inspirational quotes, posters of your favourite bands/artists, the list goes on and on. You could organise them messily, neatly, it's all up to you and your personal preference; this is part of what makes the bedroom yours. 

 NICKNACKS AND DOODADS
 This is another of the components of a bedroom that make it personal, give it life. They could be things that have sentimental value to you, or just something you like to collect or think looks pretty - anything goes! Also I am very proud of the fact that I managed to use the words 'nicknacks' and 'doodads' on this blog it may be one of my biggest achievements this year who knows. 

 Overall I think what makes a teenage bedroom truly ~*~magical~*~ is the amount of personality injected into it, the fact that it's almost like a shrine to both what you used to be into and what you're into now. If you dig deep enough into your room you might find even stuff from when you were a little kid, or even from last year, who knows. Try to make your room yours - you're going to be in it for a while, you might as well make sure it reflects what kind of a person you are! ~Jade(ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧
p.s. I had to reupload this because I am a big poo head and deleted the post the first time round oops

2 comments:

  1. I love this post :) it gave me great ideas to spice up my boring room.
    Thankyou!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is great! So much inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete